Bear Care Group Communications and Philanthropy Volunteer
The Bear Care Group is looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help us grow the organization to further global bear welfare and conservation efforts.
Main job duties may include:
- To support the mission of the Bear Care Group (BCG) by increasing funds that will be used to support our educational programs (conferences, workshops, educational materials, etc.).
- To engage new prospective members and philanthropists.
- To identify grant application and fundraising opportunities and to apply/deliver these activities.
- To build networks and connections that will further develop our communications, messaging, sponsorship opportunities and educational resources.
- Increase engagement with existing BCG members and sponsors through social media and other communications.
You will need:
- Skills and experience in fundraising and identifying philanthropy opportunities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- An enthusiasm for bear welfare, public engagement and education
- Ability to work on your own, but support from the Bear Care Group board is available where needed
- Experience with a charity would be an advantage
Hours: average of 2 – 4 hours a week (amount of time each week may vary depending on current projects)
Reporting to: President of the Bear Care Group
Location: home based, travel may be required for conferences and workshops
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and application letter detailing your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org